Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Jukebox Update

Still very busy with non-blog stuff, so I don't have a lot of time to post, but in the meantime, I have been contributing to the Stylus Singles Jukebox, so here's links to my reviews, plus ones that didn't make the cut:

Katharine McPhee - "Over It" [8]
Regina Spektor - "Fidelity" [7]
The Shins - "Phantom Limb" [4]
My Chemical Romance - "Famous Last Words" [9]
Salem Al-Fakir - "Dream Girl" [7]
JC Chasez - "Until Yesterday" [6]
Relient K - "Must Have Done Something Right" [2] <-- Maybe a bit harsh but the song does suck ass.

Cutting Room Floor:

All Saints - "Chick Fit"
Upside: The verses have a nice gliding melody to them, the chorus is catchy, and the whole song has nice new love lyrics, about acting stupid in the face of love. Downside: Nothing special in the vocal performace here and the production is a bit too minimalist for its own good. Which makes it a good pop song overall, but if they had dome more with it in production, the song could have benefitted greatly.
[6]

I hope you guys have been checking this out, because it's been great so far. I have some more reviews coming up, and somewhere along the line I'll find a way to balance singles review writing, message board writing, and blog posting. Anyways, hopefully I'll be back this weekend with some more substantive content.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home