Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Most Awesome 80s CD Ever

This CD is created as a public service. Now nobody else ever has to make an 80s cd, because the perfection has already been achieved. This CD only considers 80's POP music, no indie or anything like that, and a lot of good stuff got left off because I just wanted good songs that are very pop and very 80s in nature. I was also trying to lean more towards the stuff that is not as commonly anthologized. OK, here's the tracklist, first out.

1. Information Society - "What's On Your Mind"
2. Erasure - "A Little Respect"
3. Gloria Estefan - "Don't Wanna Lose You"
4. Madonna - "La Isla Bonita"
5. Roxette - "The Look"
6. Kim Wilde - "Kids in America"
7. Diana Ross - "Upside Down"
8. Genesis - "Invisible Touch"
9. Psychadelic Furs - "Love My Way"
10. Irene Cara - "Flashdance (What a Feeling)"
11. Glen Frey - "You Belong to the City"
12. Eddie Rabbit - "I Love a Rainy Night"
13. Huey Lewis & the News - "The Power of Love"
14. Debbie Gibson - "Only in My Dreams"
15. Matthew Wilder - "Break My Stride"
16. Katrina & the Waves - "Walking on Sunshine"
17. Human League - "Human"
18. ABC - "When Smokey Sings"
19. Pretenders - "Brass in Pocket"
20. Howard Jones - "Things Can Only Get Better"

And thus we have the ending of unquestionably the greatest 80s pop cd ever created. Thoughts, comments, exclusions? Leave a comment!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger sam said...

Fantasztikus!

4:38 AM  
Blogger Pink said...

I love that you included "Walking on Sunshine"! It's kind of my song. How coincidental.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home